Beautiful People

Beautiful People

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Making Calls from the Sidelines

So I decided the other day that I wasn't going to post any more cuz we are almost done but I'm bored and the computer was free with a nice American Keyboard and MTV is on. BTW MGMT has the best music videos.

Budapest was cool and we did some nice touring. The one night I went out was ok. Apparently Wednesday night in Budapest is Karoke night everywhere. Every bar we went to we did Karoke, or it was being done. And Karoke out here is a bit different. Some people really take it seriously. I bet some of these dudes really wait for Wed so that they can get on stage and sing their hearts out. Some dudes were singin some serious Hungarian ballads. Then Jay and I came up and sang Bon Jovi , "Its my Life" aren't you proud Natali. We had a good group of kids with us so it was fun but the night overall was a bust. The day I woke up sick with a gnarely sore throat so that kind of ruined the rest of the week for me in terms of going out. We went to a bath house and it was great for me. They had these thermal baths that we 38 degree Celsius which isn't that hot but its decent. I think thats around 90 degrees. Is there a way to put the degree symbol? there's got to be. oh well. But they also had a sauna and steam room. Very lovely. Mostly old dudes in speedos walking around but definitely a few hotties. We were looking for the mud bath rooms and I was really excited to experience a mud bath, but we couldn't find it and no one really spoke enough English to tell me what was what.

Jay went out that night with this really cool Australian dude we met and some others but I stayed home, but I didnt really miss much. The next night I was still feelin shitty and we had an early train so we stayed in. I watched 3 movies. 28 weeks later - decent. Also watched Superbad - instant classic. Lastly, watched In Brouge - great movie, kind of dark but I like it alot. That night a bunch of really cool people including a group of unbelievably hot British girls checked in so not going out sucked. But the next day we made our train on time and got to Karkow with no problems. While running to a train hungover with a 30 pound pack on seems fun and all, making a train on time is also nice.

Like every city before, we decided to get drunk on our first night out. We met this American who moved to Poland 4 years ago to teach English and decided to just stay. He showed us around a bit and I got pretty drunk. We met some more British girls, they are everywhere, and they were alright. But we learned a new bar game called 21 which is really fun and easy to learn. Got pretty drunk and headed to a club called ProZac. It was fun and of course the girls got in for free and we had to pay. These girls were really cool though and bought us a beer cuz we had to pay to get in. I almost danced with a really cute local girl. The Dj's were sick, as usual. I wish I knew what they were spinnin but alas I do not. We then headed back to the hostel cuz we had a long day ahead of us.

We headed to Zakopane which is a mountain town, a lot like Tahoe minus the lake, in the south of Poland. It was a two hour bus ride from Krakow and we went to a campground and set up shop. We hiked into the National Park for a while and had to stop cuz we got a sheep grazing pasture and couldn't get around it. Jay was in charge of buying food for the trip and he came back with some bread, matzha (sp), fruite, granola, and CANNED MEAT. Canned meat is gross but the good stuff was too expensive so it was apparently our only alternative, however we quickly canned that shit. We hiked for the majority of the next day and it was awesome. We climbed some really great trails and got to the tops of these ledges and had amazing views the entire time. Jaz took some epic pictures and it was really what we needed, a serious break from the big cities. I however had a serious rash breakout all over my body. We concluded that I'm allergic to my sleeping bag which is weird cuz I've had it and used it for years but whatever it was our last night camping so I'm fine now. I still have the marks but its going away, I'll be beautfiul again by Canada.

So we went back to Krakow and had a good day of touring. Our hostel is really cool and nice. Great location and reallycool people. We went on a vodka tasting tour which was awesome. We went to this shot bar and tried Ginger, Cherry, Honey and Chocolate Vodka. All amazing, and that's coming from me who is not big on the stuff. Also, Winner's Cup has not made it out here yet so they didn't know about most of my vodka experiences. We did those 4 shots in about 20 minutes and headed to another bar. Had beer out of a pipe which was an experience. Basically this huge tube filled with beer and a tap on the end. It was cool and we had a very social group with us, mostly British and it made the night.

Then off to a club which was again spinning some great beats. We were all dancing all over the place and doing shots. I was wasted. Then off to a second club with some more good music and tons of beezies.

Side Note: Polish chics are amazing. My favorite so far of any country by far. Hitler would be proud. All of them are stacked and just beautiful bodies and all have that supermodel look to them. No idea how a country can produce this many beautiful babies but they can. And sooooo many MILFS. Everywhere.

Back to the club. So we walk by a hip hop room and it catches my ear. I walk in and found a girl who was cute and down to dance. That was really great. The music was what you would expect from a hip hop room. But being wasted was fun. I left the room and the club was packed. I was really drunk and decided that I couldn't find Jay if i tried so I left the club and I actually knew where I was. I wandered down the main street and got a Kehbab and headed home. I got home and chatted with som Beezie and Natali and checked email.

Checking email wasted is great, btw.

livin large,

alex

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we Were really cool girls!